Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday #1

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful day so far! Yesterday threw me off schedule a little bit. I had to drive to San Diego for work, it was a little unexpected but I was happy to get out of the office for a while. I ended up having to wait down there for about an hour and a half, so I called my friend Brenda up to see what she was up to. You may know her from twitter as she is active on there as well. It was so nice to catch up with her! She is so sweet! She gave me the cutest gift too! Some awesome new nail polish, a soap she hand made that smells like you could literally eat it, a Yoga/India woman statue, a clear quartz point, and an adorable witch hat pin. She is seriously one of the sweetest people I have ever met and even more wonderful in person! It was such a blessing that my work sent me down that way so I could meet up with her. I stuck to my healthy eating and brought my lunch with me and ate it in my car on the way down. It was a beautiful day to be outside.

By the time I got home that night it was a little later then I expected and Cody had to take Makena to get her second shot at the vet. I hate driving in traffic (ironic since I live in CA), where you always drive in traffic. I left my anxiety medication at my office and I did not go back to work after driving back from San Diego. So I just relaxed at home while Cody took Makena to the vet. I also started on dinner while he was gone. We had Phili Cheese Steak's last night! We both love this recipe. 

I was exhausted after driving all day so I decide to use yesterday to relax and wind down from the hectic day. I am trying to listen to my body more these days instead of forcing myself through a workout. This morning I woke up with a horrible head ache and an IBS stomach attack. What a great way to wake up right? Ugh. I decided to take a hot epsom salt bath which usually helps soothe my stomach. I am feeling much better now. I just feel as if my head is a bit in the clouds today, I really need to ground asap. I also did not sleep well last night which is normally leading up to the full moon for me. It seems to really mess with my sleep patterns. Almost as if I am in an astral plane without really being aware of it.

Tonight I plan on heading home from work and going on a walk with Cody. Walking always seems to relieve my stomach pain. Then I am making a new Hungry Girl Recipe I found! Pizza Poppers! I love trying new recipes, it's so exciting to try something different! Then Yoga tomorrow morning! I love doing my sun salutations while watching the sun rise from my window.


Hungry Girl Phili Cheese Steak Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 tsp. fat-free sour cream
1 slice fat-free American cheese
1/3 cup sliced onion
1/3 cup sliced bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tsp. olive oil
1/8 tsp. black pepper, or more to taste
1 Boca Original Vegan Meatless Burger
One 100-calorie flat sandwich bun (like Arnold Select/Oroweat Sandwich Thins)

Directions:
In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine sour cream with cheese, breaking cheese into small pieces as you add it. Mix well and set aside.

Bring a large skillet (or grill pan) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add veggies, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with black pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook until veggies have partially softened, about 3 minutes.

Move veggies to one side of the skillet and lay burger flat on the other side. Cook until veggies are soft and burger is cooked through, about 8 minutes, stirring veggies occasionally and flipping burger about halfway through. Remove from heat and set aside.

Split open the bun and, if you like, lightly toast. Plate bun halves and place the burger on top of the bottom half. Evenly top with veggies and set aside.

Microwave sour cream and cheese for 15 seconds, or until hot; stir thoroughly. Microwave for another 10 seconds, or until cheese has fully melted. Mix well and immediately spoon over the veggies.

Finish off your burger with the top half of the bun. Now enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Light and Love,
Jenn Embers
(Fitness Witch)

2 comments:

  1. It was so wonderful to finally meet you, Your gorgeous inside & out :) cant wait to hang out again! Glad you liked your gift

    Love u sis!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete