Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Terrific Tuesday #1


Happy Terrific Tuesday everyone! Last night, I came home and made Baked Mac and Cheese, one of my favorite Fall comfort foods! So delicious. We ate dinner and then watched the Monday night football game. Cody reminded me that rest days are important in my workout routine. I used to push myself 7 days a week without a break and I would always end up with injuries. My week started on Saturday with my weigh in and measurements. Cody is right, taking one day a week to rest is vital for your body to recover from your workouts (especially when you are first starting out). So, he offered to give me a long back rub while he watched the game. I have a wonderful husband! It felt good to relax and unwind. I urge you all to realize that it is important to take at least one day off a week to let your muscles recover.

We have been trying to go to bed early since Cody's new schedule has him starting work at 6AM which means we are waking up at 5AM. I had a restful night's sleep and woke up this morning for an amazing Yoga session. I am loving my new routine! I love being able to wake up and have an hour to do Yoga in the mornings. It really helps me start the day off on the right food. I am very excited for this new schedule as I feel it will keep me accountable. I realized today that I am doing Yoga even more than when I had a Yoga Studio membership. I am one happy zen girl today! I can't wait to be able to teach someday, I love yoga and want to share that love with everyone I can.

So tonight, Makena has her next shot appointment and Cody is going to take her to the vet for me while I do a kickboxing DVD. I LOVE to kickbox, it's a fantastic workout and it shapes your arms, abs, butt, and legs! What more can you ask for!? Then I am going to try and fit some strength training in. I am making healthy Phili Cheese Steaks tonight for dinner with Boca Burgers. Trust me, they are delicious and taste like the real deal!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful healthy week so far! Sending out lots of love and light to all!!


Weight Watchers Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe 
 
  • 12 oz. whole wheat macaroni, elbow type
  • 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
  • 12 oz. fat free evaporated milk
  • 8 oz. low fat shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 2 tbsp. dried bread crumbs
  • 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions without added salt. Drain and transfer to a large bowl, while pasta is still hot stir in sour cream and set aside. Heat milk in a small saucepan on medium heat until tiny bubbles appear just around the edges (known as scalding). Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese and simmer until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add cheese mixture to pasta and mix well. Transfer to a casserole dish.Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over pasta. Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes. Serving size is 1 cup.


Love and Light,
Jenn Embers
(Fitness Witch)

No comments:

Post a Comment