Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tasty Thursday #1



Happy Tasty Thursday everyone and happy full moon! I hope you all have an awesome day! Tomorrow is Friday! Yesterday I was swamped at work, this is our last trade show so we are extremely busy right now. I can't wait until it's all over. Last night I went home after work and made the Pizza Poppers that I found on Hungry Girl's website. They were so delicious! Cody really enjoyed them and kept saying he wants them for football day. They were so yummy, I wish I could send you all some! This was my first time cooking with won ton wrappers but it was actually pretty easy.

After dinner Cody and I went on an evening Fall walk. It was absolutely beautiful out. The moon was almost full and she shined her light upon us as we walked together hand in hand. It was a beautiful evening. As I mentioned yesterday, I was a little "up in the clouds" and felt the need for grounding so an evening walk in nature helped me feel more balanced. I took a nice hot shower using the homemade soap that my good friend Brenda made me. It smelled so delicious, Cody kept raving about how good i smelled! He said I smelled like a sugar cookie. Once we got home we decided to try and get back on our meditation routine as it helps us both to sleep better.When I was at the store last week I bought a new tea that I have not seen there before called Sleepytime Vanilla. I love Vanilla so I figured I was going to enjoy this tea. I am in love with this tea!! It is so delicious and perfect before bed during the Fall and Winter months. 


I am feeling much more grounded today after walking and meditation yesterday. Tonight is the full moon so I plan on doing my ritual after dark. I am making healthy Pulled Pork Sandwich's  tonight after work. Then I am going to go for an evening walk under the full moon with Cody. It is a little chilly but last night I wore warm clothes, my scarf, and gloves and I was toasty. I am a night person anyway so I love being in nature when it is dark. 


I woke up this morning and did my Yoga routine. It felt so amazing, and I really feel refreshed today. Brenda gave me a Yoga girl statue that I adore. It has such amazing energy. I have a little space set up where I lay my Yoga mat out where I put her, my oil burner, and a crystal. I tried to take a picture this morning but it was to dark so I am going to try and remember to take one after work when there is still sun light shining in. Seeing the Yoga statue really puts me into a meditative state and reminds me why I am on my mat that day. I have also been burning Tangerine oil in the mornings to wake me up and create a energizing aroma. I love waking up to my new Yoga routine. On Fridays, I have to be at work at 6:30AM instead of 7:00AM, so I won't have time to do my whole Yoga routine and I prefer not to only do certain sections. I have decided Friday mornings will be reserved for strength training. 


I hope you all are having a wonderful day so far! Do yourself a favor, and make these pizza poppers. Husbands and Children will gobble these up! Happy Esbat! 

 Hungry Girl's Pizza Poppers Recipe!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup light or low-fat ricotta cheese
12 slices turkey pepperoni (Hormel's is the best!), chopped
3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
1 1/2 tsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
12 small square wonton wrappers
12 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
1 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/8 tsp. Italian seasoning

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chopped pepperoni, cheese wedges, tomato paste, and dried minced onion. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

Lay two wrappers flat on a clean, dry surface. Spoon a tablespoon of filling into the center of each wrapper. Moisten all four edges of each wrapper by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly. One at a time, fold the bottom left corner of each wrapper to meet the top right corner, forming a triangle and enclosing the filling. Press firmly on the edges to seal. Repeat with all remaining wrappers and filling, gently and evenly placing each "popper" flat on the baking sheet.

Spritz the top of each popper with a spray of butter spray. Evenly sprinkle with Parm-style topping and garlic powder.

Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.

Meanwhile, combine crushed tomatoes with Italian seasoning in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir well. Microwave for 1 minute, or until hot. Give seasoned tomatoes a stir and serve with poppers for dipping. YUM!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Pizza Poppers!

 Sauce for dipping the Pizza Poppers!
 This is the amazing soap Brenda made me! I can't wait to shower again tonight, just so I can use it!
Sleepytime Vanilla is my new Fall/Winter tea for the evenings. 

Love and Light,
Jenn Embers
(The Fitness Witch)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn those Poppers sound amazing, I wrote the recipe down, it will be perfect for when lj has his friends over I can't wait to try it...Yummy glad your enjoying the soap :) love u sister xo

    ReplyDelete