Sunday, October 2, 2011

Welcome to the Fitness Witch!


Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all have enjoyed your weekend, I know I have. Most of you know, I have another blog called Abroomandthemoon which is basically focused on my spirituality and the liking. I decided to create this blog because I am a health and fitness guru, I love anything to do with the two and I wanted to share my love of those with you. I am also a Kitchen Witch, I adore cooking. Although I am a very busy person, I am a wife, a mother of 4 cats, and I work full-time, I still try to find time to spend in the kitchen. I love trying new healthy recipes, and I also love cooking all of my favorite go to recipes that I have been using for years. I love to jog, walk, dance, hike, swim, strength train, but my favorite thing to do is Yoga. I have been practicing Yoga for 4 years now and I have a dream to get my Yoga certification in order to teach someday. Yoga inspires me and forces me to focus on the present. 

Just a back story, almost 3 years ago I was planning a 200 guest wedding and living on my own for the first time. I was so stressed between working and planning our wedding that fitness and eating healthy did not seem important. About a year after our wedding, I decided that something had to be done. I laced up my shoe laces and joined a gym, I also signed up for Weight Watchers online. I had great success using Weight Watchers online, I lost 22 pounds. I learned so much about portion sizes and how to cook healthy yet satisfying food. I kept on my fitness and healthy eating regime until I had an unexpected health problem and had to have surgery. I was out of work for a week and since this was a dental surgery, I was unable to eat for a week. By the end of the week I was very weak and uninspired. My pain persisted for about another month and I was unable to get back to the gym right away like I had hoped. The surgery I had was last October and here we are in October once again. This past year has been a rough one. It started out with a horrible sinus infection that took 3 months to leave my body, then our beloved cat Knox passed away, then my Great Grandmother passed away, and I also lost a best friend. Needless to say, this year has been a difficult one. 

I still eat really healthy but I have decided to get back into blogging about my health and fitness adventures because it helps me to stay focused and dedicated. I have been combing the knowledge I gained from Weight Watchers and the Tone It Up Plan which I purchased a few months ago. I love both plans and I have been putting them together to work for me. I try to eat at home as much as possible, that way I can control what goes into my food. 

This blog will be filled with health and fitness information as well as yummy guilt-free recipes. I have been recovering from a knee injury and I think I am finally ready to hit the pavement tomorrow morning. The Tone It Up Plan suggests getting up 30 minutes early and getting some cardio in before work. They call this a "Booty Call" workout! I actually enjoy waking up early and enjoying the world before most people's alarms are even buzzing. My husband and I have been waking up at 5:00AM to hit the streets for our morning walk. I am hoping to step it up to a jog now that my knee's seem to be doing better.

My grocery shopping is done and my meals have been decided for the week. I made up some shrimp anti-pasta to take to work for lunch this week. Can't wait to dig into that tomorrow afternoon. I am going to try to post 5 days a week to check in with you and keep myself accountable. I encourage you to lace up your shoes and join me too, I promse you won't regret it! 

So to give you an idea of what's to come on this blog, here are a few photo's from the last week.

Today, I have spent the day relaxing and enjoying the Fall sun on my patio with a good book. 
 Since it is Sunday Night Football, I made these Veggie Wings for Cody and I for lunch while we watched a game. They are amazing!
 If you have not tried these veggie wings before, I highly recommend them!
 This was from early today, cooking up our veggie wings for football watching!
It has been hectic at work, it's our trade-show season. We got sent a huge box of wine from a client and it was so nice to enjoy it after a long day at the office! (Red of course)
 This is my famous Pita Pizza recipe! So healthy and delicious. We are having this tomorrow for dinner, so I will post the recipe then.
 I made this Chicken Chile Taco recipe from Clean Eating Magazine last week. You top it off with homemade avocado sour cream. Simply amazing!
 This was taken on a Fall walk that Cody and I took this week. Fall is my favorite season, I love how the tree's leaves change color. So beautiful!
I made this tofu stir fry last Sunday for my lunches for last week! Amazing! 
 These are my one of my favorite go to healthy snacks! Snap pea's baked! So yummy, natural and delicious! Plus extra vitamin C!
 This is what I made the Tofu Stir fry in last weekend! My new Wok! My Mom and Steven bought it for me, and I love it! Works great for cooking large amounts of vegetables.
 Every woman should own a Wok! I love mine!
 Cody went surfing this weekend and took these pictures, beautiful!
We live in San Clemente by the beach! 
 Cottons (one of our cats) and I doing early morning Yoga together!


All of my Love,
Jenn Embers
(Fitness Witch)


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more Jenn!!! I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see more you have to write about...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! This will be soo great for you Lil Sis.. Wonderful Blog and Fab Idea to share it all with everyone.
    Looking forward to reading more.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete