Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Tuesday #1


Happy Tuesday! I hope you all have a fabulous day! I went to Hot Yoga last night after work, and our instructor asked us to "imagine if all the world leaders and the American government did Yoga once a day." What a difference this world would be! I especially like the instructor that teaches on Monday, she really pushes us to work hard through our asana's and to challenge ourselves with new poses. I usually do my cardio before my Yoga class, I hop on the elliptical and turn on Netflix on my phone. I love having Netflix on my phone, it's great for working out at the gym. My gym normally is not playing things I would watch on T.V., that's why it's nice to have other options. After Yoga class I headed home and Cody made Pita Pizza's already by the time I had got home, so it was nice not to have to cook. I hopped in the shower while the Pita Pizza's cooked in the oven. Then we enjoyed them while watching the first episode of Dexter for this season! I have been making Pita Pizza's for a couple of years now and it's just a simple recipe I thought up one day while craving a slice of pizza. In all honesty, I have grown to like Pita Pizza's way better then store bought pizza or the pizza chains.

For the past few days, I have been feeling a little under the weather, my throat is killing me and my sinuses are going crazy! Ugh! This is never a good sign. I did not sleep at all last night, I laid awake in bed unable to even swallow. I am feeling a little better this morning but decided to take today as my rest day instead of Thursday. I allow myself one rest day a week where I don't do any cardio or classes, this way I allow my body to soak in the benefits of exercise. I am not going to lie, sometimes it makes me feel  guilty, but in the end I know that I am doing what is right for my body. I am a little bummed I will miss Hot Yoga tonight but I plan on trying to make it for another Hot Yoga class this week. I plan on going home and making dinner and then cuddling up in bed with a good book and sweet slumber. Getting absolutely no sleep last night has made me extremely tired today, and the best thing to do is to listen to my body and the signs it is giving me.

I have studied the benefits of adding rest days to your fitness routine, here's what I have found. Prevents overuse injuries, prevents mental burnout, and prevents glycogen stores. Rest is important because it gives your body time to adapt to the stress of exercise and training. It also allows the body to replenish energy stores and repair damaged tissue.

On my way to work this morning I saw the most beautiful rainbow. I wish I could of taken a picture of it. It reminded me to be grateful for the things that I have and enjoy the small things in life. I don't remember the last time I saw a rainbow, so it was such an enchanting sight to see. Today, I have a lot to do at work but I also need to work on the next article for Pagan Edge Magazine. I have been so busy, I did not realize how close the deadline was getting.

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. Some of you may know, I dubbed the rest of this year my "Healthy Year". Mentally this year has wrecked me from the inside out, so much crazy stuff has happened. I decided about 2-3 months ago that the best I could do was turn this year around and focus it on getting physically healthy. I went to the doctor and had my first ever "female" exam. I also got my blood drawn and checked for low levels of vitamins etc. It felt good to take control of my health. Next on my list was go to the dentist. My least favorite thing in the world. After having my wisdom teeth out last year, I must admit I am not excited for this appointment. I know it's part of being healthy, that's why I am forcing myself to go.

Pita Pizza Recipe
Makes 1 Pizza

Ingredients:
1 Whole Wheat Pita
1.5 tablespoons of Organic Pizza Sauce
2 tablespoons Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese
6 Slices of Turkey Peperoni
Bell Pepper
Mushrooms
Onion
Garlic (Optional)
Crushed Red Pepper (Optional)

Directions:
Set your oven to 400 degrees. Spread organic pizza sauce on whole wheat pita. Chop up your veggies, use as many veggies as you like. I personally love, Bell Pepper, Mushrooms, and Onion on my pizza. I also love fresh garlic on my pizza, this step is optional of course. Place your veggies, reduced fat cheese, turkey peperoni, garlic, and add a bit of crushed red pepper to the top of your pizza. Cook for 10-15 minutes until crispy. Allow the pizza to cool out of the over for 5 minutes. Enjoy!

My Pita Pizza last night! So delicious!
 I am in love with Kashi Go Lean Oatmeal/Hot Cereal. I love Honey and cinnamon flavor.
I love this oatmeal for an "on the go" breakfast. This is what I had this morning for breakfast at my desk. Yum!

 For those of you who love fitness but hate the aches and pains that sometimes follow it, try Stop Pain (found at Wal-Mart). My Mom's doctor recommend it to her and it works amazing. I apply it to my knee's before a run or before Yoga.

 I also love the Mixed Berry Flavor! It's the perfect thing to sip while enjoying your favorite T.V. Show in the evening!
 I also love their organic dark chocolate! I allow myself one piece after dinner in the evening! I love the Dark Chocolate with raisins and pecans!
 But my all time favorite is their Dark Chocolate with Almonds! So delicious! It curbs my "sweet" cravings in the evening.
I try to do an oracle reading every morning. This was my oracle reading from yesterday morning. I love it's message, especially "Visualize Success". I normally keep one oracle deck in my purse through out the week and then change it before the next week starts. This one is Doreen Virtue's Angel Therapy deck. 


1 comment:

  1. OK will definitely be trying the Pizza recipe but without the onions because I'm allergic to them.

    I hope you get to feeling better with your sinuses.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete