Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Monday #1


Happy Monday! I hope you all are having a fabulous day! So far, my Monday has been prefect. I woke up early at 5AM with Cody and we hit the streets for a walk/jog. I love waking up early and enjoying the world before people are even awake. The sky was lit up with bright stars and white puffy clouds, it was the perfect Fall morning. I am making it a point to stretch a bit before my walk so that I can pick up the pace to a jog. I have previous knee injuries that tend to flare up from time to time, and I am so glad I am finally feeling better. It was nice to jog a bit this morning and breath in the marvelous Fall air. We usually only jog for about 30 minutes that way I still have time to get ready for work and have breakfast when I get back home. Today we went 1.5 miles. I also always wear a heart rate monitor to track my calories burned. I write it all down in my fitness journal and track what I eat throughout the day as well. Studies have shown that writing down what you eat causes you to stay on track and meet your health and fitness goals. 

Tonight after work I plan on going to the gym where I will do 30 minutes of cardio and then a Hot Yoga class. I love Hot Yoga, I always leave class feeling so refreshed. Once I get home, I plan on cooking dinner. Tonight we are having my famous Pita Pizza's. They are delicious! I plan my meals the Sunday before the week starts so that  I have no excuses not to stay on track. I have a white board in my kitchen where I write down each day's meals. The Tone It Up Plan suggests eating 5 meals a day to keep your metabolism revved through out the whole day. Meal 1 is breakfast. Meal 2 is a snack. Meal 3 is lunch. Meal 4 is a snack. Meal 5 is dinner. I love having my meals this way because I never feel hungry, I always feel satisfied. Putting healthy food in my body makes me feel good about my choices. Some of my meals stay the same throughout the week and some of them change.

I am currently reading Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga by Rolf Gates and Katrina Kenison. I don't do Yoga everyday so it won't be a straight year, but I try to read a chapter each day before Yoga class. Today's quote was "Burning zeal in practice, self-study and study of scriptures, and surrender to God are the acts of Yoga" -B.K.S. Iyengar. Quotes like this used to make me uncomfortable because I don't worship a "God". I finally have come to the conclusion that where some say "God" I say "Divine Spirit". The scriptures I study are in the many enriching spiritual books I read and not a bible. I love this quote because when I am doing Yoga, I too surrender to the Divine Spirit. Yoga class to me is my church, it is where Spirit and I connect most easily. This chapter talked about spirituality in action. Moving my body is me putting my spirituality into action. On the mat, Spirit and I are dancing together. This chapter also talked about remaining open to your own spiritual potential. I love that thought!

So from now on Monday morning is my weigh in day! It will also be the start of my week. So, I will post new goals every Monday morning to stick to throughout the week.
Goals this week:
1) Eat Healthy/Clean Meals. Stick to my meals that are planned.
2) Drink 90oz. + Water Daily!
3) Have 1 cup of Green Tea every day.
4) Stick to my workout calendar for this week. 
5) Track my meals and fitness in my journal. 
6) Start jogging in the morning instead of just walking.
7) Earn 30 + Activity Points.
8) Meditate at least 4 times this week.
9) Do the TIU Office workout at my desk every day (5) days this week.
10) Blog here 5 times this week!


 I love vitamin water! I brought some with me to enjoy during lunch today. I have given up my diet cokes, I hate how unnatural they are.
 Meal 1: Breakfast this morning was Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax with unsweetened Almond Milk.
 Meal 2: Will be around 10AM. I add these strawberries and blackberries to non-fat Greek yogurt! Delicious!
 Meal 2: I love Voskos Non Fat Greek Yogurt. It is so rich and creamy! Even better with added berries!
 Meal 3: Lunch. Shrimp Anti-Pasta. A recipe from the Tone It Up Plan. It is AMAZING! I made a big batch so that I can take it for lunches this week.
 Meal 3: Lunch. Grapefruit with Truvia. I love having fruit after lunch as a sweet treat!
 Meal 4: Luna White Chocolate Macadamia. I have been eating a lot of Lara Bars lately and I love those but my grocery store does not sell them. I have to drive to Trader Joe's to get them. I heard the Tone It Up girls talking about Luna bars and I had to try them! Will let you all know how they taste. 

All of my Love,
Jenn Embers
(Fitness Witch)

No comments:

Post a Comment